Sunday, January 5, 2014

Daniel Smith Paint Review.

Anyone who knows me knows of my rabid obsession with art supplies. I will spend hours pouring over paint reviews trying to figure out which brands are the very best. This obsession peaks with watercolor paints because you just can't get away with lower quality watercolors the way you can with other types of paint. Ladies and gents, I am pleased to announce that I have found the holy grail of watercolor paints. Daniel Smith is where it's at. With over 250 colors to choose from, it is quite easy to become overwhelmed when choosing what to buy so I just picked a few basics and colors from my usual palette to try first.

Yep. This is what $75 worth of paint looks like.
So, from left to right, the colors I chose are
  • Olive Green
  • Serpentine Genuine
  • Ultramarine Turquoise
  • Perylene Violet
  • Raw Umber
  • Nickle Titanate Yellow
  • Permanent Red Deep
I made a few color swatches to show you guys the actual colors of the paints, and I must say, I am quite pleased.
 
The paints are still wet, but you get the idea.
Will you just look at how vibrant and gorgeous those colors are? The photos do not do justice at all. Sweet babies, is that turquoise beautiful or what?

Gorgeous!
 I can't wait to work these colors into paintings, guys. They are so beautiful in person.
What are your favorite paints?

No comments:

Post a Comment