Thursday, January 16, 2014

Princesses and paintbrushes...

 Holy crap. I've done next to nothing but paint for three full days. Strangely, I'm super ok with it. In fact, I hope it lasts for a quite a while because I'm actually getting things done.
A work in progress...


A quartet of princesses to make a certain little girl very happy.
I even had a little time to work on personal pieces....

She's been sitting half-finished on my shelf for weeks.
I'm just so pleased to be doing something. Anything, really. A while back I got stuck in possibly the worst art block I have ever had. It lasted years. I finally got over it by accepting the fact that every single painting is going to have an ugly phase, but if I keep working, it will eventually work out...most of the time. If only I had learned that in high school.

What do you do to get over a block?

No comments:

Post a Comment